I am so happy to share with you all that Style Me B.A.D. has officially turned 4 years old as of Saturday, April 19th! It’s unreal to me that this much time has passed and even more so that I am still going strong. It is not easy running a blog and I truly appreciate every single person who has visited this site over the past four years. This blog would be nothing without you amazing people reading so to thank you I am hosting a HUGE BLOGIVERSARY GIVEAWAY!
What You WIN:
- MyTee B.A.D. Flannel Headwrap ($26)
- Cover Girl Blast Flipstick ($8)
- Twistband Tye Dye Hair Ties ($13)
- A Gratitude/Dream Journal ($15)
- Smith’s Rose & Mandarin Lip Balm ($7)
- MyTee B.A.D. ‘B.A.D. Girl Studded Tee‘ ($38)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Sample ($15)
- MyTee B.A.D. Sun & Moon Choker ($15)
- Bodyography Lip Gloss ($16)
- Dunkin Donuts Gift Card ($10)
- Ouidad Shine Glaze Hair Serum ($21)
- Evil Eye Handchain ($18)
How To Enter:
TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY CLICK HERE-> Style Me B.A.D. Rafflecopter giveaway
1. REQUIRED: Comment with your contact email and why you would love to win (+5 Entries)
2. OPTIONAL: Follow Style Me B.A.D. on Bloglovin HERE! (+5 Entries)
2. OPTIONAL: Become a Fan of my Facebook Page HERE (+5 Entries)
3. OPTIONAL: Follow me on Twitter @StyleMe_BAD HERE (+3 Entries)
4. OPTIONAL: Tweet about the Giveaway (+3 Entries)
Tweet: I entered to win a B.A.D. Girl Prize Pack worth over $200 from @styleme_bad! You can enter too: http://bit.ly/1hkxKNU
CONTEST ENDS APRIL 28TH at 11:59 PM EST!
Good Luck and Thank you so much for the support!
Stella McCartney Swim Suit | Zara Flats | Jason Wu Top | H&M Slip-ons | EVLEO Pants | Tory Burch Handbag | DVF Heels |
Leopard print has always been my go-to for many years . However, snake print is really catching my eye lately and I think it is going to be my new obsession for the season. I like to work prints like leopard or snake into my outfits by looking at them as a neutral piece that can be paired with almost anything. If you stick to a natural, grey or black color with your snake print the item will be much more versatile. Its fun to take a simple outfit like jeans and a tee and then throw on snake print shoes or a bag to take your look from casual to casual-chic.
My one “rule” that I stick to with prints is that I don’t double up on it, which means I wont rock snake print shoes and a snake print bag at the same time. Its way too matchy-matchy for me.
What’s your favorite print for Spring?
I have been in a somewhat long distance relationship for the past 6 years with my boyfriend living a little over an hour away. I know this is nothing compared to other long distance relationships, but it definitely still makes things a bit difficult. However, over time I have realized that the distance between us has helped to strengthen our relationship by improving our communication and trust with one another.
This past weekend I went on a girls trip with my sorority sisters and put way more than an hour in between us. I can’t put it into exact words, but being so far away from your s/o that you see regularly definitely sparks feelings of appreciation for not only your relationship, but your partner as well. It can help to rejuvenate your relationship especially those of us in long term ones.
I definitely recommend adding some miles in between you and your s/o to see how it makes you feel about one another. And if a trip isn’t something you can do right now then add some extended time in between seeing each other. It’s important to keep things interesting and even more so that you keep your independence!
How often do you see your s/o?
I am so excited to announce that this right here is my 500th blog post!! It will be 4 years since I started Style Me B.A.D. in a couple of weeks and I still can’t believe I actually have a blog! I am dedicating this post to every single one of you reading this post right now and anyone else who has read one of my 500 posts. Seriously, 500 posts?! Crazy. THANK YOU!!
I started this blog to embark on a journey and create a female empowerment movement where women are not afraid to be B.A.D. I feel like I am just getting started and I look forward to where this adventure will take me next. Thank you for visiting, reading, following, subscribing, liking, commenting, sharing and most importantly supporting me as I navigate my way through the blogosphere. It means the world to me!
I am sending huge hugs and kisses to each of you. I love you!
Every time I work on a new favorites post I get so excited to share with you all the goodies I have been using and one of them is so good I had to feature it again this month! It is a legit miracle product. Check out my video for full reviews and my thoughts on these products! Please don’t forget to like and subscribe to my YouTube channel!
1. Bath & Bodyworks SLEEP Pillow Spray in Lavender Chamomile, $10.00
2. Bath & Bodyworks SLEEP Body Cream in Lavender Chamomile, $15.00
3. Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer, $48.00
4. NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep Tan, $9.00
5. One Love Organics ‘Brand New Day’ Microderma Mask, $12.00
6. NYX Butter Lipsticks in Sugar Wafer & Little Susie, $6.00
7. NYX Eyebrow Marker in Medium, $9.75
What new products have you tried?
Share with me in the comments section below! ♥
P.S. Please Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
I couldn’t’ agree more with the above quote; I always feel like a new woman when my eyebrows are on point. Ever since I discovered the wonders of filling in my very light, barely there brows I just don’t feel complete without them, especially when I am putting on a full face of makeup. Your eyebrows really do make a huge difference and filling them in takes them to the next level! Your first step is to figure out the perfect shape for your face and then you need to figure out which way you like to fill them in because each technique creates a different look.
1. Brow Pencil: This is one of the most basic ways to fill in your brows. Brow pencils come in varying shades and have a waxier formula than eyeliner pencils. This allows them to go on naturally and smoothly, without the risk of harsh lines so don’t try using your eyeliner! I personally use MAC’s self sharpening eyebrow pencil in Lingering ($16). When applying use short, light strokes to fill out your brows and soften it all out with a stiff angle brow brush.
2. Brow Gel: A brow gel helps keep unruly brows in place. Clear brow gel is great for those of you who already have thick brows, but need extra taming after you fill them in. Tinted brow gel adds a hint of color to your brows while shaping them.
3. Brow Pens/Markers: Brow pens usually have a felt tip that distributes pigmented color on your brows. I just started using an eyebrow marker by NYX and I love it because the fine tip helps me to draw the shape I want to create with ease. The brow pens also have great staying power that will last all day. Use feathery strokes like you would with a brow pencil for a naturally filled in look.
4. Brow Stencils: Brow stencils are a great tool if you are looking to experiment with different shapes or you need practice filling in your brows. This set by Anastasia of Beverly Hills comes with 5 different shapes from a petite to a full arch.
5. Brow Powder (or matte eye shadow): To create a softer look, use a brow powder or matte eye shadow that’s lighter than your natural eyebrow color if you’re brunette and one shade darker if you’re blonde. Tap an angled brow brush into the powder and trace the outline of your brows, using light strokes. This is where the stencils may come in handy to serve as a guide to create shape. To prevent the color from fading use clear brow gel to seal it in.
How do you fill in your brows?
Share your tips in the comments section! ♥