Hey B.A.D. Girls!
Wow! I really had to dust off the cobwebs on my WordPress account. They have made a ton of changes since I posted last year. Yikes!
I’ve been MIA from not only the blog but real life too. I made the decision to make 2015 more about ME. I needed to take a time out and really focus on what I could do to feel good about myself and where I am at in life at the moment.
So I’ve decided to make changes and I thought I would share some of them with you all.
1. Hair. I chopped it short last September and then decided to add in some color. So I went with purple over my usual caramel/blonde highlight color. I’ve always been a plain jane when it comes to my hair so it being purple makes me so damn happy.
2. Travel. I always say I want to see the world, but then it never happens. This year I am finally crossing off a travel destination from my bucket list and I am visiting California! I am also going to Coachella and may have a heart attack in the dessert heat once you add DRAKE into that equation. I cant freaking wait!
3. Fitness. On January 19th I embarked on one of the best decisions of my life and started the Katy Hearn 8 week fitness challenge. The program has me in the gym 5 days a week doing weight training and cardio. I haven’t missed one workout yet. I am currently in my last week of the challenge and my legs/glutes are so sore as I sit here and type this, but the pain has become an addiction. I plan on doing a complete post dedicated to this so stay tuned!
4. Nutrition. The fitness challenge has also introduced me to a new way of eating commonly referred to as flexible dieting or IIFYM. Before I started the challenge I thought I ate pretty okay. I was used to eating fairly healthy being that I made a conscious effort not to put (too much) crap into my body and I only drank water. However, what I was doing wrong included eating way too little and not eating nutritiously balanced meals. In order to see fitness/weight loss results you need a well balanced diet and this was my missing puzzle piece for so long.
So that’s what I have been up to lately. Expect regular posts and an all new site very soon!
How is your 2015 going so far?!
P.S. Big shout-out to my gym partner, my sister Nina, who I wouldn’t have been able to makes these changes without. ILY.
I am so excited to finally launch my Fall/Winter Collection for MyTee B.A.D. called GOAL-GETTER. This collection is designed to celebrate women who work hard and its the essence of what it means to be a B.A.D. Girl. We are strong, passionate and we give 100% or nothing at all. You can snatch up your favorite pieces for 30% OFF TODAY ONLY for Cyber Monday! Woo!
My entire website is on SALE and you can score 50% OFF your total purchase! Thank you so much for the continued support of my vision to empower women and redefine what it means to be B.A.D. <3
I wanted this collection to be a bit more girly but still have that tough edge so embellishing classic beanies with pretty rhinestones made perfect sense. I decided on leopard, plaid, stripe and solid black patterns for the turbands because I find that these prints can be used very frequently as a neutral to pair with your everyday outfits. All of the pieces in this collection can be dressed up or down and will make perfect holiday outfit accessories and gifts!
Peep the full collection here.
Which new piece is your favorite?
P.S. Don’t forget you can shop the collection and save 20% with my exclusive reader discount code SMB20.
It’s that time of year where there will be plenty of opportunities to indulge. My secret for enjoying the holiday season and all the guilty pleasures that come along with it is easy. I do whatever is going to make me feel good and I focus my energy on the positive versus the negative. I feel good about that piece of pie because it was exactly what I wanted. I don’t shame myself for having seconds on Thanksgiving but instead practice gratitude for being lucky enough to have a meal to enjoy. I also make it a point to not participate in those after holiday discussions where people share all that they ate and how bad they feel about it. I don’t need to feel guilt because I am doing nothing wrong. When you feel good about your decisions you are rewarded with an equally good outcome (i.e. no increase on that scale).
It has worked for me thus far so I challenge you to do the same this year!
What is your favorite holiday indulgence?
P.S. This post is meant to promote positive thinking and I am in no way taking responsibility if you decide to eat the entire pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving! ;-)
I am obsessed with hearing/reading success stories and Sophia Amoruso the CEO of Nasty Gal definitely has an interesting one. She went from dumpster diving and shoplifting to running a multi-million dollar fashion company. Her book #GIRLBOSS provides practical advice as well as insight into how she built her empire. Here are 5 things (in no particular order) that really stuck with me from reading the book.
1. It Is Easier To Ask For Forgiveness Than It Is To Ask For Permission
When you ask for permission the answer could very well be no, but when you go ahead and do what you want to do it puts you in complete control. It’s about standing behind the decisions you make and if the outcome is something you have to apologize for then so be it at least you did what you wanted to.
2. Money Looks Better In The Bank Than On Your Feet
Sophia Amoruso had a million dollars in CASH in her bank account just 2 years after starting Nasty Gal on eBay. Though not by choice she built her empire without loans or credit card debt. Trust me when I say that is IMPRESSIVE. Starting and maintaining a business can be costly and having that extra cash when you need it is so clutch.
3. Don’t Focus On Financial Goals
Sophia mentions how she never set out to be rich nor did she want to run her own business. Gasp! In starting her eBay store, yeah, she needed money but she focused her energy on the product, customers and the overall process more than she did on reaching some sort of financial goal. It was her passion and belief in what she was doing that ultimately led her to financial success.
4. Be Entrepreneurial Even If You’re Not The Boss
Entrepreneurial people are passionate about what they do, comfortable with taking risks and quick at moving on from failures. These are the kinds of people that business want to hire. They don’t want someone who comes in and does exactly what they are told without thinking about how what they are doing can be improved for the success of the business as a whole. Think and act like an entrepreneur or #GIRLBOSS and you will be a valuable asset to any company you work for.
5. Chaos Magic And The Use Of Sigils
Chaos magic is the idea that a particular set of beliefs serves as an active force in the world. It is common practice in chaos magic to use sigils, which are abstract words or symbols you create and embed with your wishes. Sophia treats her internet passwords as modern day sigils and embeds them with her desires so that every time she goes to log into an account she is subtly reminding herself of what she is working for. Its basically a form of intention setting that is really worth trying.
What makes you a #GIRLBOSS?
I am all about my skin and keeping it tight so I was thrilled to try out the Neutrogena Rapid Repair product line, which promises to deliver #RapidResults! I would like to call out that I do not necessarily have wrinkles so the products were used for improving skin appearance and minimizing fine lines. I was gifted the full line, however I used the eye cream and night time moisturizer the most.
Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream: This lightweight eye cream contains Retinol SA and is clinically proven to fade the look of crows feet, brighten and even under eye area, reduce the look of dark circles and smooth fine lines. I could feel the product working the moment I put it on and after a few days I noticed that the skin under my eyes was brighter and looked tighter.
Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer: This moisturizer has the highest concentration of Retinol SA and proven to fade the look of deep wrinkles, brighten skin tone and smooth fine lines. The moisturize causes skin flaking or exfoliation which annoyed me a bit because I hate when my skin peels but I knew that it was going to happen as a sign the product is working. After a week of use I did feel that my skins overall appearance looked a lot better. My skin is brighter and more even.
I would definitely recommend this line if you are looking for affordable anti-aging products!
How do you prevent skin aging?
*Products were gifted for free from the Vogue Influencer Network and all opinions are my own.* #gotitfree
If I told you how long it has been since I got a new pair of glasses you might be scared to know what the heck I have been wearing. Thankfully, I was asked by Firmoo.com to do a product/service review. Woo-hoo! I selected these rectangular frame eyeglasses, which come in both black and tortoise.
- Really affordable prices
- Quick turnaround time
- Glasses are nice quality
- The virtual try-on is very helpful
- Comes with a hard case, cleaning cloth and an additional fabric carrying case
- Would have liked more fashion-forward options
- The lenses I chose were supposed to help with the way that my eyes appear smaller due to my prescription but I did not notice a difference.
If you are in the market for a new pair of specs I definitely recommend checking Firmoo out. They have a First Pair Free Program for new customers where all you have to pay for is the lens and shipping costs. They also promise a full refund if you are not satisfied with the product. There is no excuse for rocking played out glasses anymore, so get to shopping! ;-)
Do you wear glasses?