Be (B)eautiful: Look amazing in a cute simple party dress that will still turn heads. Pair this dress with some cute flats/sandals for a more casual look thats perfect for all the bars you will be hitting up to celebrate Cinco De Mayo!
Be (A)uthentic: Know YOUR LIMITS when it comes to alcohol. No one likes dealing with a drunken hot mess when they are trying to have a good time. Just because you had 4 drinks and still feel sober doesn’t mean you need to down 4 more. Take it easy, depending on what your sippin on it may take a bit for you to feel buzzed. If you plan on drinking throughout the night (and making it out alive) pace yourself, do not go in for the kill within the first hour and by 8 pm your in the bathroom hugging the toilet like its your boo. US BAD girls party and we do it with class, no Toilet Hugging Please! Leave that for the newbies!
Be (D)etermined: Cinco De Mayo has fallen on a weekday dammit! So for many of us that means school and/or work the next day. Here are a few tips to try to make sure that you don’t get so hungover and miss your day at work or school (I know, I know, who wants to do that).
1. Don’t forget to eat before you drink!
2. Set your alarm, pick out your outfit, pack your bag/lunch, whatever you need for the next day, the night before. This will give you less to do the morning after.
3. Drink lots of water to help keep your body hydrated (alcohol dehydrates the body). If you can, drink a glass of water before going to bed (and maybe some Tylenol depending on how much you went IN!).
4. Avoid mixing drinks (dark and light alcohol)
5. My golden rule “Liquor before beer and you are in the clear”
6. Pop some pills , Vitamin B12 pills have been known to help prevent that terrible hangover feeling the next day. Take them before you start your festivities, but if you forget, then during is okay too.
7. Get enough sleep!
8. Have a Blast and Be Safe and ALWAYS Be BAD!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!!