“A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts to its period.” ~ Coco Chanel
Be (B)eautiful: I love being trendy and experimenting with my look. However, there are certain trends that you can tell off the bat aren’t going to stick around for long. Gaucho pants anyone? So when you are out shopping try spending less on these items and put your money towards pieces with staying power. I searched the web for a few key pieces I think are worth dropping the extra cash on.
1. Aqua Basic Boot-cut Suiting Pants –Bloomingdales $88 Even if dressing up in business attire inst in your job description it is important to own a great fitting pair of slacks.
2. Power Shoulder Leather Biker Jacket – Storets $99 Whether its leather or pleather or black or blue; I will forever be a fan of a great looking leather jacket.
3. Chloe Heloise Large Tote – Saks Fifth Ave $1,670 I truly believe every woman should own at least one fabulous designer bag, its worth the splurge! But make sure it’s on a bag that can withstand the years and will be worth the $$.
4. 7 For All Mankind Dark wash Jeans – Bloomingdales $174 Denim is something I have just started dropping cash on and I have yet to be disappointed. The look, feel and quality can’t be beat.
5. Gucci Silk Scarf – Saks Fifth Ave $340 Spending money on a scarf may sound silly, but I think it’s an essential piece to have for when you want to look chic and polished.
6. Stuart Weitzman “Platswoon” Pumps– Bloomingdales $298 Black or Nude pumps are a VITAL shoe every B.A.D girl needs in her closet. They can be dressed up or down and always come to the rescue during a fashion emergency.
7. Grey Draped Boyfriend Blazer – Top Shop $55 If it’s business or play a blazer can always save the day.
8. Michael Kors Bracelet Watch – Bloomingdales $250 You can tell more than just the time by the kind of watch someone wears.
9. Bvlgari Sunglasses – Sunglass Hut $390 Aviator sunglasses will forever be cool.
10. Little Black Dresses – Bloomingdales – Every girl should have one of these go to dresses when they need something simple and chic for a special occasion, dinner, or event. It is a fashion MUST HAVE so spending a little more on one will always pay off.
P.S This post is simply a suggestion for smart shopping, however it does not mean that I do not support splurging on fashion finds. I believe every girl deserves to be wrapped up in designer goods every now and then! 😉
So what fashion finds do you splurge on??