1. Try going with a theme or color story. I chose classic black and white.
2. Make it age appropriate. This sheet set with the gorgeous lace detail was the perfect way to transition my room from teenager to (gulp) young adult.
3. You want your space to feel warm, inviting and full of love.
4. You gotta stay positive. I read this every morning while I get ready to start my day.
5. Keep it authentic to who you are. This dope NYC themed lamp is so me. I am obsessed with NYC.
6. Surround yourself with photos of the people who matter most to you.
Now that the agony of living in a cramped, cluttered space is gone I feel 10x better. I finally got rid of all the old useless stuff that was collecting dust and taking up space that could be used for other things like clothes and shoes of course!
It felt so good to let go of the old. It was liberating and a really big stress reliever too. I can now come to my room and unwind after a long day and instantly feel relaxed. I love my happy place.
How is your current living space? Does it make you happy?