Your wardrobe changes from season to season and so should your skin care routine. As soon as we turn on the heat indoors our skin starts to dry out so its important that we take the necessary steps to keep our skin soft and flake free.
Here are my top tips for battling itchy dry skin this season:
- Avoid hot showers and limit your time spent in them. Hot water strips your skin of its natural oils. Use warm water instead.
- Look for lotions containing “humectants,” a class of substances (including glycerine, sorbitol, and alpha-hydroxy acids) that attract moisture to your skin.
- Avoid using harsh peels, masks, and alcohol-based toners or astringents.
- Use face masks that are “deeply hydrating,” rather than clay-based, which tends to draw moisture out of the face.
- Use a face serum in addition to your daily moisturizer
- Switch up your face wash for a cleansing milk or mild foaming cleanser.
- Invest in a humidifier to increase moisture in the air. Another solution is to place bowls of water in the room that you spend most of your time in. The water will evaporate and add moisture to the air.
I plan on making a trip to Sephora this weekend to shop for new winter skin care products. Any recommendations? Tips?
Do you switch up your skin care routine based on the weather?
Great tips! Will have to look for humectants. Just moisturizer the crap out of yourself haha I put lotion on in the morning and before bed but find myself needing to re-apply on my hands throughout the day. After I shower I put baby oil to soak into my skin then apply lotion, it helps a lot. Also, don’t forget your hair! Dryness also happens to your hair so you may need to step it up with a leave-in conditioner. Aussie’s 3-minute miracle is probably the best at it’s price point. I also love Dove’s Nourishing Ends to help between washes.
Bought a humidifier once then forgot about it — hmm wonder where it is lol. The bowls is a good alternative though 🙂 I usually apply lotion more often!
I have a similar blog here and I’m now following your blog!
Here is a similar one I posted.
Also, indoor plants increase humidity.
The following is also a breakthrough skincare product I use myself. It’s anti-aging at 20-60%, discoloration removal, gives smoother skin, gives glowing skin, is paraben-free, is gluten-free, and has a 30 day money back guarantee:
Pingback: PinLaVie... Make your pins come true – Winter Skin Care Tips
Pingback: My Winter Skincare Routine « Style Me B.A.D.
I don’t ever switch up my skin care routine, not sure whether this is good or not. I wear no makeup and I just wash my face and moisturise, but then again I am however 13!
That is fine! You are still so young so as long as you are taking care of your skin and moisturizing, which is so important you are good! 🙂