It’s something that we all have to go through and it doesn’t occur at the same time for everyone (hey male species I am giving you the side eye), but it
should does eventually happen. There comes a point when we make that shift and all of a sudden we see the world in a different way. I know it can be scary, but don’t trip. I got you.
Here are my tips for dealing with the process of “growing up”:
1. Stop Caring So Much
- Think back to when you were in high school and you actually cared too much. It’s so much better to no longer give two f*cks about what anyone has to say or think about you.
2. Find Yourself
- Enjoy the exploration while you discover who you are and what you want to do with your life. You still have time.
3. Your Time Will Come
- People are getting engaged and having babies and you can’t stop them.
4. Get Carded
- Get excited every time you get carded just like you did when you finally turned 21.
5. Still Have Fun!
- It’s okay if your idea of a good time is polishing off a bottle of wine and passing out on the couch.
6. Practice Acceptance
- Come to terms with the fact that not everyone is meant to be in your life for the long haul.
7. Accept that men get better looking with age
- Don’t be embarrassed that all of sudden older men tickle your fancy. Grey hair, don’t care.
8. Eat Better
- Be proud of the fact that your PB&J now consists of healthy things like almond butter, organic blueberry jam and some form of whole/multi/gluten free bread. Buh-bye Smuckers and Wonder Bread.
9. Feel Young!
- Realize that youth really does have no age and its up to you to look and feel your best at any age. Love YOURSELF!
How are you dealing with growing up?