I’ve been wanting a parka style jacket for a minute so when my mom told me the one she had recently bought didn’t fit her right I jumped at the opportunity to snatch it. She purchased it from Bloomingdales, but I have no idea the brand. The tag just says s +p. Regardless, I am obsessed and haven’t stopped wearing it since the cold weather hit the east coast!
What you cant see on this jacket because of my scarf is the removable fur trim around the collar. I like that the lining and fur are removable because that means I will still be able to wear the jacket when Spring gets here. I also love the corset style detail on the back of the jacket.
Parka: Bloomingdales – Beanie: H&M – Scarf: Xmas Gift from Kim! – Jeans: Mng by Mango – Boots: H&M – Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs – Sunnies: Kenneth Cole
Parkas are great for an everyday jacket/coat that you can wear year round since many of them have removable linings, hoods and collars. There are dressier versions of the Parka available and you don’t have to get it in the classic olive green color either. I searched the web and picked out some of my favorites. Many of them are on sale too!
- A classic parka with shearling style lining from ASOS, $116.67
- Detachable hood and lining plus quilted faux leather sleeves from Zara, $179
- Love the big faux fur collar on this navy number from ASOS, $198
- The knitted panels on this parka are a nice surprise from 3.1 Phillip Lim, $398
- Obsessed with all the quilted and leather panelss on this coat from ASOS, $185
- A removable faux fur collar w/leather trim on this affordable option from Forever 21, $54
Do you have a parka?