Dark lipstick in the fall is nothing new, however what I really love is the return of the ’90s grunge look with taupe, brown and burgundy/wine being my absolute must-have shades. Here are some of my favorite colors that I am loving right now.
- TAUPE: This color also known as beige-brown is a dark tan color that ranges in-between brown and gray. It can also look like it has a purple/mauve undertone depending on the shade.
- ColourPop – “Kapow“: A muted gray taupe that is super “grungey” and stays matte all day.
- Dose of Colors – “Stone“: This taupe shade has more of a dusty rose look on the lips so its a nice alternative for a nude lip.
- ColourPop – “Beeper“: if you don’t want to do a full-on gray lip try this warm mid-tone taupe that is a bit more on the brown side of the spectrum.
- BROWN: This colorway can be a bit off putting but there are so many different shades out there that you can definitely find something that fits your fancy.
- Lime Crime – “Shroom“: Perfect for the bold this ultra matte lipstick is a true chocolate brown.
- Anastasia of Beverly Hills – “Sepia“: A beautiful golden brown gloss that you can wear alone or on top of another shade for an added kick.
- NARS – “Copper Pink“: This gorgeous copper lipstick is a brownish-red and has a nice shimmer finish.
- Milani – “Rose Femme“: This rosey mauve-brown is my favorite and an affordable option if you’re looking for that infamous Kylie Jenner lip color. It is also super moisturizing.
- PLUM/WINE: Red lipstick is usually everyone’s pick for fall/winter but I am opting for deep plums/purples and wine shades instead.
- Dose of Colors – “Berry Me 2“: A stunning berry shade that will look good on every skin tone.
- Maybelline – “Divine Wine“: An affordable creamy matte in that classic wine shade with staying power that wont dry out your pout.
- MAC – “Diva“: This is an intense reddish-burgundy that is perfect for a night time look.
- ColourPop – “More Better“: A deep violet wine that you can wear from day to night without feeling like you are doing too much.
What color is on your lips right now?