If you aren’t into the beauty scene you may not be familiar with ColourPop cosmetics. They specialize in making quality makeup in every shade imaginable with luxury formulas at super affordable prices. I am talking lipstick for $6 bucks affordable so I had to give them a try to see if they live up to all of the social media hype. They sell a variety of eye, lip and cheek products but here are my thoughts on their popular matte liquid lipsticks in the shades ‘More Better‘ (deep violet wine), ‘Kapow‘ (muted grey taupe) ‘Beeper‘ (warm mid-tone taupe).
- The colors are beautiful and very pigmented. They do look different when applied based on your skin tone and natural lip color.
- All 3 shades had great staying power – however ‘More Better’ seemed to last the longest. Make up remover wipes are needed.
- Easy Application and lip liner was not necessary.
- You can’t beat the $6 price tag.
- The shades ‘Kapow’ and ‘Beeper’were kiss proof but ‘More Better’ was not!
- I didn’t have to worry about lipstick being on my teeth!
- The formulations left my lips feeling dry – which I know is to be expected with mattes but if I didn’t use a lip balm my lips felt flaky.
- The packaging looks/feels cheap and could be better, but then again they are being sold for only $6.
- It seems like different colors wear better than others. ‘Beeper’ felt creamier when applying while ‘More Better’ felt like it had a much thinner consistency. However, I needed less coats of ‘More Better’ compared to the others. I also reapplied it less often.
Overall I would say that these lippies are semi-worth the hype for the price and color options only. If you aren’t someone who wears lipstick on the daily and/or are looking to experiment with a fun color than give them a shot. I mean for $6 a pop they are worth trying at least once!
Have you tried any products from ColourPop? Share with me in the comments section!
Let’s Connect: Bloglovin’ Facebook Twitter Instagram Shop
I love Colourpop… Bumble is my go to shade! It goes with any skin tone and lasts all day!
Hmm never heard of them but the colors look great on you. Sucks that they’re drying but I had that same issue with stila which is $20 so it shouldn’t be a price tag issue
Love the more better color. I usually stay away from matte colors because my lips get so dry easily and they make them feel even worse! Wish it wasnt the case because I usually love how they look on other people. ::Sigh::